A recent study of National Association of Realtors found that 82% of real estate sales are from sources other than advertising. These sales come from personal referrals and contacts.
Selling a property by yourself quickly becomes overwhelming. It seems simple at first: prepare the home for sale, find a buyer, and close the deal. It is not until the phone fails to ring and emails are not coming in that you may realize reaching buyers needs a lot more than posting on craigslist or for-sale-by-owner websites. What do you do if time is running out and attracting serious buyers seems impossible?
When you list your home with me, as a licensed real estate agent, I will ensure your property is visible and accessible to as many potential buyers as possible online, in print, and in person. Here is a list of things I normally do for my clients:
- Create a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to help you set a competitive price.
- Add your property to MRIS/MLS (Multiple Listing Service).
- Market your property to other real estate agents and contacts.
- Add an optional lockbox for other agents to schedule appointments.
- Schedule and conduct tours of your home to potential buyers.
- Pre-screen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Work with contractors, inspectors, landscapers to help you find an elegant solution to improve curb-appeal.
- Review and recommend cosmetic changes to enhance the marketability of your property.
- Help you evaluate buyer’s proposal and negotiate on your behalf.
- Help close the sale of your house.